[Foundation-l] Why should Wikimedians meet?

Keegan Peterzell keegan.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 06:09:16 UTC 2010

This has been an interesting thread to follow, there should be one
non-Wikimania, because it does matter.  I've met several Wikimedians at the
couple meet-ups I've been to with whom on-wiki I had many disagreements
with.  Meeting face to face clears that air with the human contact.  James
Forrester is the champion of meetups for good reason.  I met him in D.C.,
far from where I live, while he was in for less than 24 hours, far from
where he lives.  I butt heads with MZMcBride many times, but I slept on his
couch.  It's not just about localization for chapters; the opportunity to
travel and meet those whom you've known online for a very long time or only
by the periphery is a great experience.

--
~Keegan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Keegan