[Foundation-l] Banner ads in sitenotice

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Tue Aug 3 01:12:58 UTC 2010

Ryan Kaldari wrote:
> Apparently long-time Wikimedia contributors are also far more sensitive
> to Foundation imposition of /less/ visual clutter as well, judging by
> the reaction to the Vector rollout. Perhaps we could just say that
> long-term Wikimedia contributors are just more sensitive ;)

A lot of the complaints I heard regarding the Vector rollout were based in
the fact that the Wikimedia Usability team has subverted and bastardized the
term "usability" in an attempt to impose purely aesthetic choices on the
broader community. And in some cases, the Vector skin has demonstrably made
the site less usable for "long-term Wikimedia contributors."

To each his own, though.

MZMcBride