[Foundation-l] Free translation memory

Jimmy O'Regan joregan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 02:47:45 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:29:41 +0300, Amir E. Aharoni wrote:

> 2010/7/29 Amir E. Aharoni <amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il>:
>> Is there a Free competitor to the Google Translator Toolkit in terms of
>> online storage and sharing? I heard about OmegaT, but if i understand
>> correctly, it is a local application that doesn't offer online storage
>> and sharing - but correct me if i'm wrong. Are there any other
>> Free-minded translation memory services?
>
> ... Thinking out loud / replying to myself - translatewiki.net comes
> very close, but people are used to think about it as a tool for
> translating software messages and not for translating general texts.
> Maybe it can be adopted to that.

Open-Tran: http://open-tran.eu/
Is something like translatewiki.
Software here: http://code.google.com/p/open-tran/
They also provide their databases for download.

For running your own server:

TinyTM: http://tinytm.sourceforge.net/

Translate Toolkit includes an XML-RPC based translation memory server.