[Foundation-l] Dumb survey about Commons

Magnus Manske magnusmanske at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 14:18:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Guillaume Paumier
<gpaumier at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> 2009/10/26 Guillaume Paumier <gpaumier at wikimedia.org>:
>>> One thing I realized, though, was that two questions had an ambiguous
>>> wording: people wonder why they have to give reasons for not using
>>> Commons, or not participating, despite the fact that they said they do.
>>> These questions should read « what is the main reason that limits or
>>> hinders your use/participation ». Unfortunately, we can't change the
>>> survey once it is running.
>>
>> Did you not test the survey? That should have been caught by a fairly
>> small test run (a few dozen people).
>
> Yes, we tested the survey, but with a smaller number of people, because
> of the time constraints (the multimedia usability project really started
> only 2 weeks ago, and the fundraising campaign is going to be the major
> focus of sitenotices from next week to January). And the problem didn't
> appear during the tests.

I got an error during the survey:
Warning: unlink(/srv/org/wikimedia/survey/tmp/template_temp_090626181630.html)
[function.unlink]: Permission denied in
/srv/org/wikimedia/survey/common.php on line 6221

Didn't seem to affect the function, though.

Cheers,
Magnus