[Foundation-l] Charity Navigator rates WMF

Michael Peel email at mikepeel.net
Sat Oct 10 10:26:14 UTC 2009

On 10 Oct 2009, at 00:41, Samuel Klein wrote:

> In my experience, high-school teachers were 90/10 anti Wikipedia 3
> years ago, and are slightly in favor of it today.  This sort of thing
> would be a fascinating survey to run year after year.

Does the WMF commission surveys like this? It would seem a natural
thing to do - there are third party organizations that are capable of
performing this sort of survey in a statistically unbiased way.

(Am I correct in thinking that the only surveys done to date are
those held on-wiki, and possibly that done by third parties such as
ComScore without the request of Wikimedia?)

Mike