[Foundation-l] getting Wikipedia to the 5.2 billion people who can't access it

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun May 31 14:33:42 UTC 2009

Hoi,
Much of the Wave  functionality demonstrated is superior to what is
available in MediaWiki. Consider a LAN with OPLC systems, consider a Wave
server on the school server.. It would be pretty damn good to be able to
have all kinds of activities that makes use of the functionality that is
part of the reference implementation. Consider what a talk page would look
like when with the Wave "back" functionality.

Anthony said it before, think here of what Wave can do when you concentrate
on its Wiki aspects. Now consider a talk page.. when it changes you may get
an e-mail, you can go there and edit it... All this functionality is there
and more, Wave allows you to have a real time conversation.. And all of this
can happen on your LAN, your WAN or your Internet.

Given its license I am excited, given the demonstrated functionality I am
excited. The first thing is to get MediaWiki content into Wave. A developer
friend of mine has read the developer documentation and thinks he can do
this. What is needed is for him to have access to a Wave environment where
he can experiment.
Thanks,
     GerardM