[Foundation-l] Google Wave and Wikimedia projects

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:24:59 UTC 2009

2009/5/30 Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com>:
> It would be <whatever> on steroids as a proprietary software model or
> free-client-proprietary-server model. However, this model have the
> same potential as email had a couple of decades ago.

Not really. This isn't that different to existing technology, it's
just bringing together various things we already do. It's a common
feature in the development of technologies, and it's a great thing,
but it isn't anything that is going to change the world. E-mail, once
it let the military/academia, was a completely new thing, there wasn't
anything like it before (the closest thing was telegrams, which
charged by the word, could take a few hours to reach their destination
and couldn't have attachments).