[Foundation-l] Licensing update vote result

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:07:24 UTC 2009

2009/5/21 Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com>:
> I believe there are around 600,000 qualified accounts (roughly half of
> which from enwiki).

What is your source for that?

> PS. Incidentally enwiki has 9.7 M registered accounts, but 70% of
> these have exactly 0 edits and 90% have less than 5 edits.

90% with less than 5 edits means about 1 million with more. I would
imagine a sizeable proportion of people with 5 edits have 25. 300,000
eligible enwiki accounts seems small to me. There are (as Sue rightly
says) half that many active accounts, and I doubt half of all
Wikipedians are still around (back when we had exponential growth of
users that might have been the case, but we levelled out a while
back).