[Foundation-l] Usability Study Results (Sneak Preview)

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Fri May 8 03:58:45 UTC 2009

Quite frankly the advice that you should only use five subjects makes no
sense. The appeal to Nielsen's authority is not going to work on me or
anyone else who understands why the scientific method exists. It's
unscientific thinking and it's going cause to you waste money. You're going
to draw conclusions based on results that simply aren't valid, and you won't
know it until the study is over and you didn't make progress.

Careful analysis of site data could allow you to draw some conclusions. I'm
curious how you're planning to go about that. Dependent/independent
variables?