[Foundation-l] More on Wikimedia strategic planning

geni geniice at gmail.com
Fri May 1 21:30:22 UTC 2009

2009/5/1 philippe <philippe.wiki at gmail.com>:
> Doing them?  Sure.  But doing them *well*, in an organized,
> structured, fully designed method?

Going by the rate of guideline and policy growth on en there is
probably a method somewhere.

> I'm not sure we are... we're doing
> some of them really well and we're doing some of them ad hoc, and
> we're doing some of them kind of half-assed; a strategic plan is a
> collective chance for us to step back, take a deep breath, and assess
> how to proceed forward.

Doesn't really work. The flawed assumption is that very little of the
wikimedia community cares about how others think they should move
forward.

> And, no doubt, the brainstorming sessions
> that will come out of this process will identify some areas that Stu
> didn't - some of that has already come out on this list.  It would be
> a mistake to take Stu's examples and say "well, we're doing all those
> things already" without qualifying that with "but there are going to
> be other things come up, as well".

Maybe but that doesn't stop me being concerned about where the
foundation appears to be starting from.

--
geni