[Foundation-l] More on Wikimedia strategic planning

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri May 1 05:27:56 UTC 2009

Samuel Klein wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2009/4/30 Samuel Klein <meta.sj at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I'd like to see Wikimedia as a community take some 300-year stances on
>>> knowledge dissemination,
>>>
>> Did you mean 300 years?
>>

> Yes.  Considering the stakes and our capacity for history, this seems
> to me appropriate and possible.

Personally on this scope, my personal burning priority would
be off-planet database backups. And I am not joking, one bit,
either.

Not because disaster fears, but more fears of political kinds.
I don't hold with the view that we can rest assured liberal
democratic systems are inherently stable under all conceivable
extra-political real world contexts.

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen