[Foundation-l] Reuse policy

Nikola Smolenski smolensk at eunet.yu
Mon Jun 15 19:53:38 UTC 2009

Дана Monday 15 June 2009 21:09:36 Erik Moeller написа:
> 2009/6/15 Nikola Smolenski <smolensk at eunet.yu>:
> > Дана Monday 15 June 2009 20:24:39 Robert Rohde написа:
> >> The terms of use for editors will require that editors accept linking
> >> as sufficient attribution; however, the instructions for re-users will
> >
> > Why do the terms require that, when this is in collision with actual
> > licences?
>
> For reference, I've summarized our position on this point here:
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2009-March/050953.html
>
> Of course we're not going to re-open this discussion. The revised

The discussion was closed?

> terms will be implemented on all applicable sites in the coming days,
> beginning today.

I, for one, have written a piece of javascript that removes disputed text from
the page before I contribute.

And for Christ's sake, why such arrogance in wording this? "you hereby agree
that such credit is sufficient in any medium" - no I most certainly do not!
You could have at very least have decency to say "you agree to be credited in
this way" - still not ideal but at least you don't require of people to agree
that black is whit.