[Foundation-l] Some reflections about the governance of Commons

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 16:58:10 UTC 2009

Hoi,
There is a project called "Wiki loves art/nl"  In this project people make
pictures of objects in museums in the Netherlands. The thing I have been
wondering about is that the pictures are first published on Flickr and then
are copied into Commons.

This is a project of the Dutch WMF chapter and some other organisations. I
read it as "there are too many problems with posting on Commons directly".
The reason why I bring this up is because it demonstrates how Commons is not
thought of as the helpful project it should be and it is not only pikiwiki
that has a problem.
Thanks,
        GerardM