[Foundation-l] Lowering the idea contribution barrier (and regarding strategic planning)

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Mon Jun 1 21:07:40 UTC 2009

I totally agree with that and its one of the major reasons the WMF exists in
the first place. We've basically described the division of labor - the
community comes up with a plethora of ideas and donates money and then WMF
synthesizes, refines and implements them, fully in coordination with said
community. The problem is that if we limit community participation to
hard-to-use tools then the same people that come up with just a few ideas
will select only among the ideas that they thought up. It wouldn't be a
broad enough search. It hasn't been a broad enough search.