[Foundation-l] dumps

Newyorkbrad (Wikipedia) newyorkbrad at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 19:35:11 UTC 2009

I'm not familiar with the details of the data dump process, so I can't
comment on whether it's broken or not.

However, one question that I have is whether the dump includes, or should
conclude, all namespaces, or only articles.  In the past, there have
allegedly been instances in which database dumps have been utilized for
purposes such as harvesting oversighted edits in userspace and utilizing the
information for purposes of harassment.  I am not sure whether there is
value to providing dumps of other than the content spaces.  Comments?

Newyorkbrad

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM, River Tarnell <