[Foundation-l] advertising craigslist

William Pietri william at scissor.com
Thu Dec 17 18:58:52 UTC 2009

On 12/16/2009 05:05 AM, geni wrote:
> There is one point left. We can't measure the change in traffic to
> Craigslist but we can measure this:
>
> http://stats.grok.se/en/200912/Craigslist

Interesting! If I read that right, the Craigslist page on Wikipedia got
an extra 15k pageviews or so. As a comparison, my rough guess is that
Craigslist gets 100m pageviews/day. I base that on these numbers:

http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikimedia/squids/SquidReportOrigins.htm
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/craigslist.org+wikipedia.org

Assuming the estimate of circa $100m in annual revenues, and making a
number of other overly simplifying assumptions, the ballpark financial
advantage to Craigslist for Craig Newmark's appearance here is about
$40, or 13 seconds worth of revenues.

William