[Foundation-l] Open Wiki Blog Planet

Sage Ross ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 18:46:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Anthony <wikimail at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Sage Ross
> <ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com<ragesoss%2Bwikipedia at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>
>> For what it's worth, I agree with David Gerard that Open Wiki Blog
>> Planet is not properly subject to Wikipedia policies;
>

> Not even the policies at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:User_page ?
> How's that going to work?

I don't see anything there that applies to the way the Open Wiki Blog
Planet feed list is done, and if it did conflict, as David suggested,
the way to resolve it would be to move the page to another wiki rather
than censor bloggers.

But as John Vandenberg points out in the other thread, the removal had
nothing to do with ArbCom, and we are of course free to decide which
blogs we as a community do and don't want as part of the feed.  It's
my view, though, that we shouldn't feel compelled to remove a blog
because of the policies of English Wikipedia.

-Sage