[Foundation-l] moderate this list

quiddity pandiculation at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:05:15 UTC 2009

Some people like to enumerate all the points, that other people might
take to be assumable/implied/given. This might be disparagingly
labeled as "an amazing capacity for stating the blindingly obvious".
It is a common symptom of various types of "youth".

I find the contributions of the two participants being discussed, plus
Geoffrey, to be generally unhelpful in gaining a deeper understanding
of any issue. Partially because they say nothing new, partially
because they treat the discussion more like IRC/IM than email,
partially for the other reasons already mentioned by others.

I'm going to take this opportunity to attempt to setup the username
filtering/blacklisting that many people have suggested, to see if that
drastically improves the signal/noise ratio.

I'd also be interested in how Birgitte's suggestion would work out, if
adopted by everyone here: "I wonder if no one responds to [...] for a
month how much he will continue to post."

Quiddity