[Foundation-l] moderate this list

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Aug 29 12:15:30 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Anders Wennersten <
anders.wennersten at bonetmail.com> wrote:

> One idea could be to introduce a rule that each user should limit
> his/her entries to maximum one/day and thread
>
> I am sure this would lead to better quality, without stopping valuable
> input, and make the list much more comprehensive and useful. (With this
> rule last days 80 entires would probalbly been limited to something like
> 20)

I really don't understand what use you're trying to get out of this mailing
list.  You say "On Wikipedia we all
work hard to work for consensus (all voices are welcome) and stop
people dominating a subject."  Maybe what you want is a wiki, and not an
unmoderated mailing list?
Could you give an example of an unmoderated mailing list which has
successfully imposed a rule such as the one you suggest?  I don't think it's
going to succeed in providing the usefulness you desire, and I'm sure it's
going to destroy the usefulness that Thomas, myself, and many others on this
list do desire.

If you'd like to start a moderated foundation-l, in addition to the regular
foundation-l, that might be useful.  But it's considerably inappropriate for
you to sign up for a mailing list that many of us have been enjoying for
years and in one month decide you want to alter it to suit your tastes.