[Foundation-l] Closure of projects

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 18:01:39 UTC 2009

Hoi,
There is no procedure because what comes closest to a consensus amount to a
lot of work. Work that does not forward our mission one iota. The fact that
people vote and comment is not that special, people do ... if they vote that
I will wear a tutu at Wikimania and a consensus says that I should, I still
have to volunteer to wear that tutu. It is the same as voting for a bug in
bugzilla. The votes are not considered so why bother ?

As to the language committee, it does only consider new requests for
projects ... if it were to expand its services it would be in indicating
what issues exist that deal with language support that would make a
difference to the usability of our software. It would not be drinking from
the poisoned chalice that is closing projects. The closest we came to
expressing an opinion is that we would prefer the content of a to be closed
project to be imported into the Incubator. This is a not good for Incubator
because they get dead wood loaded into their project ....

So all in all in my opinion it is best to leave these things as is and
ignore requests for closure.
Thanks,
      GerardM