[Foundation-l] Wikipedia Policy Interlingual Coordinationn - WP:NOT

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 10:12:54 UTC 2009

Hoi,
The policies of the English language Wikipedia have evolved over many years
and they suit a large world wide audience who is largely part of the Anglo
American world. Many other Wikipedias reflect a culture which is distinctly
different. with different value systems. These projects slowly but surely
grow and evolve. They will look at the example that is given by the English
language Wikipedia and they deserve the right to make the policies their
own.

We do not have a "council" or another body that helps with the assimilation
of these concepts. Other concepts that are imho as important like the need
for citations are not part yet of many projects because these projects do
not have the maturity for this. This will also be a problem in the BLP
project Cary wants to set up. Many projects just do not have the ability to
adopt the overhead for what are essential policies in our more mature
projects even arguably essential in all projects.

The only real solution is for our projects is to mature and challenge
existing dogmas. We will mature as an organisation as a consequence.
Thanks,
       GerardM