[Foundation-l] How was the "only people who averaged two edits a week in the last six months can vote" rule decided?

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Mon Aug 3 17:18:37 UTC 2009

Samuel Klein wrote (in two messages):

> >> *A wiki for book metadata, with an entry for every published
> >> work, statistics about its use and siblings, and discussion
> >> about its usefulness as a citation (a collaboration with
> >> OpenLibrary, merging WikiCite ideas)

> I could see this happening on Wikisource.

Why could you not see this happening within the existing
OpenLibrary? Is there anything wrong with that project? It sounds
to me as you would just copy (fork) all their book data, but for
what gain?

(Plus you would have to motivate why a copy of OpenLibrary should
go into the English Wikisource and not the German or French one.)

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)