[Foundation-l] Principle and pragmatism with nudity and sexual content

Yaroslav M. Blanter putevod at mccme.ru
Wed Apr 22 05:36:14 UTC 2009

> 2009/4/21 Yaroslav M. Blanter <putevod at mccme.ru>:
>
>> I can not agree with this. Many templates are hidden because they are
>> too
>> bulky to be shown in the body of the atricle, so what? Everyone who
>> wants
>> to get to the template can click on "show" link. Same with the pictures:
>> as one solution, one hides the picture writing "This image depicts a
>> vagina". Whoever wants to see the image, clicks on "show".
>

> Pretty much your proposal has been shot down repeatedly on en:wp.
>
> Which other wiki communities are actually pushing for this? Any of them?
>
> BLP, model release etc. issues are quite separate from this. You're
> talking about the body part itself.

I am not the one who raised the issue and I am personally fine with any
images. I just want to state that this is a community issue, not a global
issue.

Btw yesterday an apparent troll started a topic on ru.wp claiming that
nude images represent "pornography" which is illegal according to Russian
laws.
The topic has been speedily closed.

Cheers
Yaroslav