[Foundation-l] South Korean Government's regulations on real name for Internet

Puzzlet Chung puzzlet at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:39:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Kalan <kalan.001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If a similar law would be adopted in one of the Western countries,
> mass campaigns and protests would be inevitable. Perhaps we should
> expect something like this from Koreans as well?
>
> — Kalan

There is a protest of course, including an ongoing suit in the
Constitutional Court to judge the unconstitutionality of the law.

Still millions of people here are supporting the law, since they
attribute the cause of the recent suicides of celebrities to the
dishonoring gossips about them spreading around in the internet, and
they believe that the obligating people's own personal identifications
to websites would help to prevent any immorality.

-- [[ko:User:PuzzletChung]]