[Foundation-l] Non-free content on Commons

David Levy lifeisunfair at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:57:58 UTC 2009

Pedro Sanchez wrote:

> Of course, wasting resources on april 1st is very sensical.
>
> And who cares about purported reach to the whole world and all that fancy
> words
> let's bother them with our idiotic pranks becuase we are majority and
> thereforewe have the right to do so
>
> Very good attitude on the wikimedia foundation list (I don't care if you do
> so on english wikipedia list)

Needless to say, I wholeheartedly agree with you, Pedro.  Every year,
I find myself disheartened by this Anglocentric rationale for
deliberate disruption.

I've even mentioned 28 December when trying to explain to people that
April Fools' Day isn't a worldwide custom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_of_the_Innocents#Feast_days