[Foundation-l] Autocreated globalaccounts

Phil Nash pn007a2145 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 22:15:51 UTC 2008

Anders Wegge Keller wrote:
>> "Yaroslav M. Blanter" <putevod at mccme.ru> writes:
>>
>>> It has zero chance to be passed. As it happened with the global
>>> rollback vote, a bunch of en.wp users just would show up and vote
>>> against it does not matter what. Just because an idea that an admin
>>> on a different project can block a en.wp user apparently seems to be
>>> unbearable.
>>
>> Considering that I would be equally apalled by having an
>> administrative action from enwiki forced upon me, I cannot say that
>> I'm surprised. Different projects have different standards and all
>> that.
>>
>> --
>> // Wegge

I think it should be clear of the context in which this thread has
developed- that of obviously offensive or disruptive usernames; I have only
this evening seen accounts auto-created on en:wiki by a known vandal that
have obviously been created on other wikis in the hope that somehow they
will slip under the radar. I've blocked on en-wiki, but that does not stop
the perpetrator vandalising other wikis right now. My suggestion of an
automated request to globally block remains; it would still be up to the
stewards on Meta to decide.

Cheers.