[Foundation-l] Jeff Merkey Fiasco on English Wikipedia

David Yellope sirfozzie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:01:36 UTC 2008

I've received information on the issue with Mr. Merkey attempting to get
another user fired from his real life job.

To the best of my ability, I've confirmed that Mr. Merkey HAS called another
Wikipedia user's work superior twice (in June and again, recently) in an
attempt to harass that user with spurious complaints.

Mr. Merkey is currently in the 13th month of a one year English Wikipedia
ban (reset several times due to ban evasion via IP Addresses). I have
forwarded the information I've received to the English Wikipedia Arbitration
Committee for use there, or at the OFFICE/FOUNDATION level.

I think at this point, the best policy with regards to Mr. Merkey, is to
politely request to him that if he has any further wish to communicate with
or about Wikipedia, that he do so privately and via his representative.