[Foundation-l] The license situation

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 00:36:37 UTC 2008

Erik Moeller wrote:

>  If
> WMF does not choose to re-license content on Wikimedia's sites to
> CC-BY-SA, there are limitations in place in the current re-licensing
> language to prevent others from doing so.

I am sorry, I know I am certainly the last person who
would have a right to grumble...

But seriously, I am simply failing to parse that sentence;
and somehow I suspect there is something significant
behind it. Could someone forego the flip responses, and
rephrase it in a fashion that would clarify the thinking
behind that sentence?

Yours,

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen