[Foundation-l] EN Wikipedia Editing Statistics

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 21:23:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 12:56 PM, geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/30 Michael Peel <email at mikepeel.net>:
>> Hold on...what? There is no recent dump of the English Wikipedia, and
>> there hasn't been for the last 2 years?
>>
>> Please tell me I'm misunderstanding things here.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Not to years but yes the English Wikipedia dumps very rarely work.
> De.wikipedia is starting to suffer the same issues and image database
> dumps don't happen.

No, I think it really has been two years (September 2006 to be
precise).  I'm pretty sure there have been no complete dumps this
calendar year.  I believe there was one (or two?) full dump process
that claimed to run to completion in 2007 but it was later found to
have been truncated (i.e. it didn't really dump all of enwiki, only a
portion of it).

If I am wrong and there really is a more recent complete history dump
of enwiki floating around somewhere, then I'd love to hear about it,
but I don't believe that is the case.

-Robert Rohde