[Foundation-l] 2008 Annual Fundraiser - Going into Phase 2

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 25 00:06:07 UTC 2008

2008/11/12 Rand Montoya <rmontoya at wikimedia.org>:
> To review, our current donations can be found here:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:ContributionStatistics

For those who haven't seen it yet:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Special:FundraiserStatistics

This is a side-by-side comparison of daily totals with last year's
fundraiser. It synchronizes the launch dates, i.e., Oct 22 is compared
against November 4, and so on. Note that the bars represent the number
of donations, not the totals.

We've also implemented tracking of the success rates for different
sitenotices. Some preliminary results indicate that the "Wikipedia is
a non-profit project: please donate today." banner performed very
poorly, so we took it out of rotation last Friday. We'll hopefully
have some new designs up for feedback soon, and we'll also make some
further tweaks and do some more A/B testing on the current notices to
find out e.g. if specifically the thermometer helps to get more people
to donate.

More data to come :-)
--
Erik Möller