[Foundation-l] First-ever Wikimedia Foundation Annual Report

Brianna Laugher brianna.laugher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 12:39:45 UTC 2008

2008/10/31 Jay Walsh <jwalsh at wikimedia.org>:
> Hey all,
>
> Very pleased to announce the official release of our first-ever Annual
> Report today.
>
> Hosted on-wiki:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Annual_Report
>
> And blogged up here:
> http://blog.wikimedia.org/2008/10/31/wikimedias-first-ever-annual-report/
>
> We'll have lots of time to prep for the next annual report, so please
> share any feedback or thoughts on how we can make improvements.

Hi Jay,

This is a very beautiful document, in design and meaning, and I think
it represents Wikimedia really well. I would be really proud to show
it to someone and say "I am a part of this".

As a Commoner I am pleased that we have been clear in communicating
our milestones. :)

If anything my only complaint would be that I would like to see two or
four more pages highlighting the work on the projects. One column for
*seven* projects is kind of tragic. Next time ask the community to
help write that part?? I am boggling a bit that that didn't happen
this time.