[Foundation-l] "Expertise" board seats: the NomCom invites your feedback

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 22:00:36 UTC 2008

2008/11/2 Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com>:
> Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> There are plenty of barriers. The first one is finding a large enough
>> group of people interested in being involved. One or two people can't
>> form a chapter.
>>

> Please re-read my email: there are no barriers to create a new chapter
> (except bureaucratic problems) and/or to take part in another national
> chapter.
>
> A lot of chapters give the opportunity to have members outside national
> borders.

(Actually, you sent it as 2 emails, but nevertheless, I did read both
before replying.)

Sure, you can join a chapter in another country, but there is little
point unless you actually have some connection to that country.
Joining a chapter just to be able to take part in discussion about how
chapters will work in the future doesn't seem like a good reason to
join.