[Foundation-l] A question for the Wikimania jury

Waerth waerth at asianet.co.th
Mon Mar 31 13:02:55 UTC 2008

The funny thing in this whole debate is that people call Alexandria far
from Europe ..... it is closer to Europe than say Boston ..... and the
visa situation to Egypt is better for Europeans then to the US. I was
told by a US Embassy friend of mine that I would probably be turned
around at US border because I have lived in Thailand so long ..... even
though I am Dutch. This wouldn't happen in Egypt.

Face it we are a diverse community. Wikimania will be a succes on every
continent it goes to. And there will always be big groups of people who
will not be able to attend because of monetary reasons.

Waerth