[Foundation-l] Thinking for the Future

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Thu Mar 27 02:26:22 UTC 2008

I'm not sure that we are anti-Microsoft. The Foundation has been open to
accepting funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. We all know
which corporation's CEO earned that money. In other domains, such as cancer
research, their has typically been a public outcry when it becomes known
that a tobacco company, usually via proxy of a non-profit, funded the
research. I heard no such outcry. It just happened to be that the B&M Gates
Foundation is clueless in this domain.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/26/health/research/26lung.html