[Foundation-l] Exemption Doctrine Policy (coordination)

geni geniice at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 23:51:25 UTC 2008

On 24/03/2008, Pedro Sanchez <pdsanchez at gmail.com> wrote:
> When resolution got published, it was said Foudnation would assist
>  wikis drafting them.
>
>  Wikiquote is a particular case (since most wikiquotes rely heavily on
>  nonfree content) and it was asked 2 or 3 times on mailing list over
>  the past year if foundation could give a hand and always the answer
>  was "each wiki must craft their own" and left in the cold
>
>  Good to know that now that the deadline is approaching, it's finally
>  getting the attention

Eh I suspect you are hitting the issue that regardless of any
foundation statements most of our copyright issues are dealt with by
enthusiastic amateurs. Most will have been working on trying to meet
the deadline on their home wikis. Now the deadline has passed they can
start to look at the situation on other wikis.

--
geni