[Foundation-l] Exemption Doctrine Policy

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 16:29:03 UTC 2008

I'm not sure that this is the kind of thing that we could enforce
automatically, such as through the use of a bot. Each project would
need to have an EDP, so the bot would have to check for that. However,
the EDP may specify that there are some appropriate uses of fair use,
and some unappropriate ones, and a bot can't determine between the
two.

Frankly, I dont see how enforcement can possibly happen in a
centralized way, we need to rely on the individual communities to
enforce this themselves.

--Andrew Whitworth