[Foundation-l] Advertisement and service at the same time

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 02:46:01 UTC 2008

The idea in theory is nice, in practice it may very easily get ugly.

The advertisements may contain false or misleading information giving undue
weight.

Also this may be impractical for the majority of our articles. No one wants
George W. Bush merchandise. :) Joke aside, what kind of an advertisement
would we put on an article on the second world war or a pharaoh from ancient
Egypt.

Not so surprisingly, aside from fiction related topics most of our articles
would run into problems. We already do select advertisement by having
articles on commercial products such as movies, TV episodes and books. Maybe
we could ask such companies for cash in donations.

   - White Cat