[Foundation-l] Hiding namespaces from search engines

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Mar 19 14:28:38 UTC 2008

Actually, I'm really pleased to see this come up.

Wikinews has a story preparation area where things like obituaries are
developed in advance. This caused problems with us having a major interview
with Shimon Perez and his prepared obit. being one of the top 10 hits too.

If I put this through a vote/consensus building process is the mechanism to
get it implemented a bugzilla request?

Of course, robots.txt is very useful for humans too. In the past I've gone
through the one at whitehouse.gov to see what they don't want Google to
know. ;-)

Brian McNeil