[Foundation-l] Ads and monobook

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 13:25:22 UTC 2008

Hoi,
When the question was asked what the consequences would be for a project
that chooses to opt out of adverts, it was thought an improper question.
Obviously, when the English Wikipedia opts out, what would the consequences
be for that project as in what would be done for other projects that would
not be done for it?

As the English Wikipedia IS the biggest project, it gets the most attention.
Problems in other projects are not considered in the same way or are not
considered at all. They do not get attention or technical requirements to
write a language are dismissed out of hand because they upset the way things
are. So effectively the projects are not seen in the same light.
Thanks,
      GerardM