[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 05:53:47 UTC 2008

Hoi,
Wikimania is an event where we hope to get something like 300/400 people who
are really involved in Wikis to come together for the biggest Wiki event in
the world. It is an event that has proved itself important for the outreach
of the things we do locally. When you  weight it down with all the policy
tigers that represent something in the Wikimedia Foundation, there is no
longer the Wikimania as we know it. It will become a sad reflection of what
once was the state of the art, the cutting edge of wikidom.

Please let Wikimania be its own thing and PLEASE do not burden it with what
should not even be a side show to the event.
Thanks,
     GerardM