[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:54:10 UTC 2008

> Yes I wonder is Milos is losing something in
>  translation here.  I don't believe he means what
>  native English speakers are reading here. Since he
>  says "content issues which is now a matter of Office,
>
> Board and Jimmy -- and which deal only with content on
>
> English Wikipedia", and they do not actually deal with
>  content issues as I understand the term

They deal with content issues in the sense of WP:OFFICE (ie. blanking
an article before we get sued because of it), that's about it. While
individual cases should be left to the staff, it might be useful to
have the council decide general policy of when it's appropriate for
staff to step in and how (a significant amount of that decision making
would fall to Mike Godwin, though).