[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

effe iets anders effeietsanders at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:51:43 UTC 2008

2008/3/13, Birgitte SB <birgitte_sb op yahoo.com>:

> I agree with this sentiment.
>
> I also think something coming about from all this is
> great.  Thank you everyone who put work into the
> proposal.
>
> My final thought is that the actual adoption of this
> resolution could be widely supported, or it could be a
> complete joke.  It all depends on the part that was
> left off.  Size, authority, etc. have no real
> significance next to the "who".  Actively recruit
> people not normally heard from and I am your biggest
> fan.  Populate the council with members of internal-l
> and I will laugh.  Take the middle-road and I will be
> supportive and hope that the council moves itself
> toward the first suggestion per Cimon.
>

> Birgitte SB

I would not laugh. I would cry. Because it would mean that we have been
unable to get a full representivity. As I stated before, it is imho very
important to have a full coverage from all corners of the volunteers. It may
be obvious that I do not see internal-l as "all volunteers", so it is indeed
important to have a significant portion of members from the non-internal-l.

This is one of the reasons I asked to "nominate" others, to get names on the
list that would otherwise not be in. To get names in from people who are not
on foundation-l (which is not including all volunteers either of course).
However, it have to be names from people that are dedicated to the cause,
and willing to invest time and effort in it of course :)

BR, Eia