[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] CAS and Wikipedia -- CAS agrees to help contribute

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 07:56:46 UTC 2008

Hoi,
I hope they realise that as Wikipedia is available under the GFDL, people
who use this data are able to use this information without a need to ask for
permission. When this is not understood by them and when they do not act
accordingly the CAS numbers are not to be used by the Wikipedias as they are
problematic. In the requirements for the inclusion of material the notion of
"Wikipedia only" has been soundly rejected on several occasions. This has
been underlined by the WMF board on several occasions.

So I hate to be the spoil sport but in my opinion the phrasing of this
permission does not give enough assurances that we can use this data.

Thanks,
     GerardM