[Foundation-l] Volunteer Council - A shot for a resolution

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 23:10:21 UTC 2008

Looking a prior discussion, this resolution covers only one of the
alternatives--a small council--though presumably the provisional
council could decide on a much larger permanent arrangement.  I think
the argument that it duplication the functions & nature of th eboard
correct if this size is the intent.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  Honestly, I am sceptical about an advisory council. What if the council has
>  >  one opinion, and the Board a different one, won't there be a lot of
>  >  complaints from the "community" (represented by the council) if the Board
>  >  does not follow the council (= the community)?
>
>  If the board and community were always in complete agreement, there
>  would be no need for such a council. The council is intended to be a
>  way to get the views of the community heard. Whether the board will be
>  bound by the decisions of the council or not (and if they are, in what
>  areas) is one of the details that people disagree on.

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.