[Foundation-l] LA Times article / Advertising in Wikipedia

Andrew Whitworth wknight8111 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 18:23:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> Edoardo Marascalchi wrote:
>  > what about enabling every single user to choose to have ads or not just
>  > modifying the monobook.js to made visible a div block?
>  >
>  Not that I support ads, but such an option would have to be strictly opt
>  in.  Otherwise it would leave the rest of us who have not adopted
>  monobook, or who are in the vast majority with no clue about editing
>  monobook.js with no options.

A gadget, selectable in your preferences page would do the trick
nicely. Nobody would have to edit any javascript, everybody could opt
in if they wanted to (or else have ads on by default, and give people
a gadget to opt out). Either way, it's easier then editing javascript
directly, and far more universal.

--andrew Whitworth