[Foundation-l] [Fwd: About Alexandria] -> to Usenet ?

Michael Bimmler mbimmler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 20:30:36 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:22 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/03/2008, Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge at wegge.dk> wrote:
>  > "Thomas Dalton" <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> writes:
>  >
>  >  > I would put it the other way around. It's not desperately rude (it is
>  >  > a little), but it is a gross generalisation and has little truth in
>  >  > it. Were it truer, I might find it ruder, but I don't let people
>  >  > spouting nonsense offend me.
>  >
>  >
>  >  YMMV. Personally I'm about to quit this list, because of all the
>  >  homosexuals behaving as if their personal fear of going to Egypt is
>  >  *the* only problem in the world.
>  >
>  >   Normally I'm pretty liberal about sexual preference, but there's a
>  >  limit, even to a scandinavian.
>
>  Bye, then!

Okay, folks, get serious.
There are really more adequate responses to someone who announces to
leave the list because he finds it to become in general uncomfortable
and pointless than "Bye, then!".

I personally regret every unsubcription...but on the other hand, maybe
certain people will only stop posting so much when they have lost
their audience completely.

[And there are still people who complain that important things are
rather discussed on internal lists...]

Michael