[Foundation-l] [Fwd: About Alexandria]

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Sat Mar 8 19:16:29 UTC 2008

Great essay. I particularly like the sonnet. Here's the full version:

Upon this age, that never speaks its mind,
This furtive age, this age endowed with power
To wake the moon with footsteps, fit an oar
Into the rowlocks of the wind, and find
What swims before this prow, what swirls behind --
*Upon this gifted age, in its dark hour,
Falls from the sky a meteoric shower
Of facts ... they lie unquestioned, uncombined.
Wisdom enough to leech us of our ill
Is daily spun; but there exists no loom
To weave it into fabric;* undefiled
Proceeds pure Science, and has her say; but still
Upon this world from the collective womb
Is spewed all day the red triumphant child.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay,
1892-1950<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edna_St._Vincent_Millay>

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 5:33 AM, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure our mailing lists are set up to strip all
> non-plain-text attachments from posts automatically. You might have to
> copy it into the body of your email or upload it somewhere and link to
> that.
>
> ~Mark Ryan

Reading the poorly formatted essay was somewhat painful. We should set
something up that enables us to share media with each other. Maybe we can
enable attachments such as ogg, odf, odt, ps etc... that haven't been
targeted by virus writers.