[Foundation-l] Concerns for Safety

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Mar 8 09:08:24 UTC 2008

Dan Rosenthal wrote:
> Indeed. Nathan, I suggest you get your facts correct before making
> statements like that. This discussion was more recently initiated due
> to the Egyptian government's censorship of newspapers showing images
> of muhammad last month. LAST MONTH. This was followed by anti-semitic
> demonstrations threatening violence against Jews, and government
> statements that they would continue to censor media that display
> images of Muhammad that they don't like. Again....LAST MONTH.

We are not about to start distributing newspapers in Egypt.  There are
no doubt anti-semitic groups in Egypt doing what you claim, but that
does not mean that they are sanctioned by the government.  Jewish
Israelis regularly vacation in Egypt.
> Completely ignoring for a moment that the issues WERE raised and
> ignored, you fail to recognize that these are new points, in regards
> to a new incident, which when combined with this weeks extensive
> violence in Gaza, at the Egyptian border, show a significantly less
> safe and stable Egypt than was presented at the bid.

The host city is Alexandria in Egypt, not Gaza in Palestine.

Ec