[Foundation-l] Racism in Commons

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 22:30:29 UTC 2008

Brian (and someone else, correct me if I'm wrong) but Commons is its own
project - i.e. images on Commons are not hosted solely for the purpose of
use on other projects, but for the purpose of aggregating as many free
potentially useful images as possible. Its somewhat routine, I think, for
Commons images to not be in use on any particular project at a given time. I
don't think this leads to them being deleted, as the orphan principle
doesn't apply. This is just what I remember, someone else may tell me that I
am totally wrong.

Nathan