[Foundation-l] Concern for the safety of Wikimedians at Wikimania in Alexandria.

Dan Rosenthal swatjester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:25:43 UTC 2008

I think right now, he's being more moderate than the actual
moderators, in that he's trying to steer us into new discussion rather
than repetition of the same thing, in order to continue the discussion
of this important topic. GerardM's sister's experience is irrelevant
to this discussion, which was never about the safety of people who
submit to coercive standards on appearance and behavior based on a
religion they may not support. This discussion is about people who do
not wish to be coerced into such behavior and appearance, and their
safety, rights, and protections.

-Dan